WTMCD-M Microstep Chopper Driver
- Drives a two-phase bipolar stepper motor using constant-current chopper regulation.
- DIP switch addressable; stack up to 32 modules on the same port for multiple axes.
- User programmable drive current and idle reduction current. Independent of power supply voltage.
- Select up to 64 microsteps per step.
- Up to 10,000 pps step rate.
- S-curve acceleration and deceleration slope profiles provide smooth start/stop motion.
- Supports move-to-coordinate, move-to-limit-switch, and continuous-rotation modes.
- 24-bit absolute motor position counter.
- Two normally-open limit switch inputs.
- All user configuration data stored in non-volatile memory.
- Automatic thermal shutdown protects motor driver Power MOSFETs from overheating.
- Industry standard RS-232 interface. Meets all EIA/TIA-232E and V.28 specifications.
- Wide power supply range (8 to 30 VDC).
- Screw-terminal connectors used on all inputs and outputs.
Connects to the RS-232 serial port of a PC, laptop, or other host. This module is a complete stepper motor driver and intelligent controller built into one. Simple coordinate commands sent from the host will advance the motor to an exact position in the range of 0 to 16,777,215 using S-curve acceleration/deceleration slope profiles which reduce stall effects during ramping, and overrun effects during breaking. Host can also instruct the motor to accelerate to a target velocity and continue to move until a limit switch triggers the deceleration curve, or rotate continuously while the host controls the velocity on the fly. Ideal for use in cost sensitive, open-loop, precision motion control applications requiring a minimal user learning curve.
Full datasheet hereSKU: hc00118