WTAIN-M Programmable Analog Input
Connects to the RS-232 serial port or USB adapter on a PC, laptop, or other host. Simple command strings sent from the host will read the voltage at the input channels. The value returned to the host can be shown as a voltage, or programmed by the user for any other engineering units desired. The readings can also contain a decimal point if needed, the position programmable by the user. Interface directly with pressure transducers, load cells, strain gages, temperature sensors, 4-20 mA devices, potentiometers, etc. Ideal for direct data acquisition applications without requiring data conversions at the output.
- 4 differential input channels with a ±10V common mode range and protection to ±40V.
- 3 factory calibrated modes: +10.000 V to -8.000 V, ±600.0 mV, and ±600.00 mV.
- 2 user programmable modes which display readings in direct engineering units of choice.
- User programmable decimal point position.
- 20-bit A/D converter provides resolutions down to 1.4 µV (user programmable modes).
- 8-times averaging smoothes out readings.
- 5-Volt excitation output for bridge sensors.
- Software calibrated; no trim-pots to adjust.
- All user configuration and calibration data stored in non-volatile memory.
- DIP switch addressable; stack up to 32 modules on the same serial port for 128 differential input channels.
- Industry standard RS-232 interface. Meets all EIA/TIA-232E and V.28 specifications.
- Wide power supply range (15 to 30 VDC).