MN-ENV-H-THX - Temperature / Humidity Sensor Gen 2 with External Probe Support
The MeshNet Wireless Temperature / Humidity Sensor Generation 2 with External Probe Support, MN-ENV-H-THX, offers superior environmental monitoring reliability & performance in an easily deployed system. Like other MN-ENV sensors, this sensor has a discrete input, and its wireless transmissions utilize the 2.4GHz frequency range allowing for global usage. However unlike other MN-ENV sensors, this sensor enables you to connect up to 3 waterproof stainless steel temperature probes designed for installation in freezers, refrigerators, and wet environments. Additionally, the MN-ENV-H-THX features a more powerful radio which increases its transmission range by an order of magnitude (10x).
The Generation 2 MeshNet sensor line’s multi-pronged approach allows you to achieve greater reliability. It prevents data gaps and enables the Generation 2 MeshNet sensor to provide a complete log of your temperature and humidity data in spite of data interruptions such as; power outages, network failures, or other obstructions.
- Sensors send and receive data packets - Each sensor (node) has the capability to both transmit and receive data packets. The ability to receive confirmations enables the sensor to alter its behavior to address a failed transmission
- Sensors buffer data - If a failed transmission occurs, the sensor immediately begins buffering critical sensor data within its internal memory. The buffer's capacity is sufficient to log the internal temperature and humidity sensor data, along with the 3 optional external temperature probes, and the discrete input; for up to 10.6 days at a 15 minute logging rate.
- Sensors scan and hop frequencies - If a failed transmission occurs, sensors then search available channels for the MeshNet Controller. The MeshNet Controller will hop frequencies which allows the system to navigate to quieter bands as the radio environment changes.
- Sensors report transmission strength - All MeshNet devices report the strength of the transmissions they receive, allowing areas that may be susceptible to interference to be identified and addressed proactively (e.g. adding repeaters).
Wire Free Sensor Setup
The MeshNet Sensor features new Wireless Linking support, which eliminates the need for a physical connection between the MeshNet Controller and the MeshNet Sensor during the initial setup. The Wireless Linking process allows the sensor and controller to exchange all necessary information for joining the unique Wireless network; and since each network has a unique identifier, multiple wireless networks can operate in the same vicinity. Sensors can switch networks through repeating the linking process with the new wireless network’s controller. The linking process is straightforward and is completed by following the steps below:
- Connect the MeshNet Controller to the network and power.
- Locate the MeshNet controller on the network by either:
- Downloading and running EDS Scanner, or
- Checking the DHCP Server for the assigned IP Address.
- From the MeshNet Controller's home page select "System Configuration>Devices" from the menu bar. The device page enables you to link and unlink sensors from the MeshNet Controller.
- You will be prompted for login credentials. The defaults are User Name "admin" and Password "eds".
- Insert batteries into the sensor. The sensor will appear in the "Unlinked Devices" section.
- Select the sensor when it appears and then click "OK" on the popup prompt.
The sensor will be linked (and moved to the "Linked Devices" section) on its next transmission.SKU: hc00471