Ruggedised temperature probe
The OW-TEMP-B3-12xA temperature probe is designed for wide temperature range applications requiring excellent chemical resistant properties and sensor submersion.
All exposed parts of the OW-TEMP-B3-12xA are manufactured of either stainless steel, or Teflon based products, resulting in excellent chemical resistance properties to acids, alkalis, ketones, esters, aliphatics, aromatics, and outdoor exposure. The probe is constructed of 304 Stainless Steel making it both durable and water resistant to 60 PSI. The cable used on this sensor is Belden’s 7928A CAT 5, which uses Teflon based materials for both the outer jacket and inner conductor insulation. This cable is particularly suited for harsh environments, and offers excellent resistance to high and low temperatures, oil, gasoline, and sunlight exposure. The OW-TEMP-B3-12xA probe is manufactured using a Teflon based heat shrink tubing that creates a water tight seal at the cable’s point of entry into the tube. This results in a sensor that can be submerged beyond the top of the steel probe. For applications that do not require complete submersion or operation in harsh environments, please refer to our STP (standard) temperature probe.
Note that this probe cannot be used with the LinkHub series of hubs. The LinkHub presents +12V to the probe which will cause permanent damage.
The OW-TEMP-B3-12xA temperature probe is available with an DS18B20 1-Wire temperature sensor embedded into the probe. The RTP probe is manufactured using a special process that ensures the internal sensor is thermally coupled to the steel tube wall; this helps ensure rapid sensor response to changing conditions. Our OW-TEMP-B3-12xA sensor is supplied standard with Teflon CAT5 cable with/without RJ11 connector.
- Submersible, Rugged, Wide Temperature Range Probe suitable for use in harsh environments
- 304 Stainless Steel Probe, 3 inches in length.
- Pressure tested, water resistant to 60 PSI.
- All exposed surfaces are either stainless steel or Teflon based.
- Available with Dallas Semiconductor DS18B20 sensor.
- Uses 1-Wire communication protocol.
- Chemical resistant and waterproof steel probe and cable.
- No external power required, or can be optionally powered for fast (non-parasite) operation.
- Automatic unique device addressing.
- 3.5m CAT 5 cable.
- Applications Include thermostatic controls, industrial systems, consumer products, thermometers, or any thermally sensitive system.
Our standard (stocked) OW-TEMP-B3-12xA sensor has a 7.5cm long steel probe and 3.5m long CAT 5 cable. However, with minimum orders we can custom manufacture temperature probes to a variety of specifications, including length of the steel probe, length of cable, with / without RJ11 plugs, etc. Please contact us for a custom quote.SKU: hc00484