GP1 Counter - 1-Wire Battery Backed Counter Interface Module
DescriptionThe GP1 Counter is designed to count and maintain switch closure pulse outputs from dry contact devices such as relays and magnetic reed switches. A battery backed 32-bit counter which can be read but cannot be reset accumulates the pulse count. The GP1 Counter provides the necessary switch excitation voltage so that no external power source is required. CAT–5 cable, provides electrical connection to the 1-Wire network. The output of this sensor is digital, all data conversions are done internally. Therefore, distance to the sensor is unimportant for data integrity and it may be placed up to 2000+ feet from the host using CAT-5 twisted pair cable. In addition all I/O and data communications with the sensor are CRC16 error checked for accuracy.
The GP1 Counter has a built-in multidrop controller (DS2406) and a Battery backed counter (DS2423) which provides two unique 64 bit registration numbers (8-bit family code + 48 bit serial number + 8 bit CRC) assuring error-free selection and absolute identity; no two parts are alike. Unique addressing allows I/O function to be identified absolutely, no more dip switch address confusion. All unique counter identification and calibration data is stored in on-board ROM memory for easy installation and setup.
GP1 Counter requires a 1-Wire host adapter such as the DS9490R, Owserver or LinkUSB.
- 32-bit battery backed counter.
- Unique Network addresses.
- Network powered, battery backed.
- Self-exciting switch closure input.
- Digital Output Data.
- CRC16 Error Checking On All I/O.
- No external power required.
- 10-year battery backed counter.
- 1-Wire communication protocol.
- Supported By Onesix DDE Server Software.
- Counter cannot be reset.
- As many as 200 devices, (100 BBC modules).
- Up to 600+ metres from Host on CAT 5 twisted pair cable.
- Network Power Input Voltage: 3 - 5.6
- Network Power Supply Current: 2 Net loads
- Switch excitation voltage: 2.5 - 5.5 Volts
- Switch debounce time: 300 µs
- Operating Temperature Range: -40 - 85 ºC
- Count pulse width: 500 MicroSec.
- Count rate: 0 - 100 Hz.